About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Accept the Things I Cannot Change

"God grant me the serenity to change the things I cannot change." How difficult it sometimes is to change things, especially if it involves more than one person. The more people involved the more interpretations, personalities, goals, and methods to bring about change.

I may choose to make a change in my behavior, thoughts, or physical presence. Some things may be easier to do than others. The deeper or more spiritual the change, the more effort is required and yet greater the reward.

Meditation can help us recognize the things to be changed at the same time give us serenity. I used meditation before, during and after each chemotherapy session to change my attitude towards it. I learned to let go of fear, doubt, and negativity. Serenity provided my body the optimal environment for the chemotherapy to flow through me.

Has meditation worked for you? How have you made changes?

No comments: