About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Spiritual Touch

I believe that through prayer we touch someone's life, including our own. We benefit from praying for another by sending out love. I believe that at some level, one which I do not completely understand, a person's life is affected. I know that people are praying for me just as I do for others. The prayers of others gave me strength and encouragement during the height of my cancer treatments. In prayer we become attuned to the light of love or Christ that is in us. When we are concerned about someone's health, we can reach out and touch them through our prayers.

There is the saying that as we sow, so shall we reap. If I act and think on kindness and love to others, so I shall receive the same. Do we not actually feel better when someone smiles versus frowns at us? During times of illness, surgery, or chemotherapy, do our fears and anxieties decrease when the nurse or physician is gentle and kind? More harmony and order is the result of our surrounding a person with God's love. The more I see the light of Christ in people, the more I want to be like them.

So, let your light shine on others. Be open to receive the touch of God's love through others and through prayer.

2 comments:

Amy Ingalls said...

Ahhh.... healing touch, the first thing that comes to mind when I think of healing touch is my Dad. When I was really little I remember how my Dad would rub my head and back and outline my face with his finger tips when we were trying to get me to nap or fall asleep. It was a feeling of comfort, love, safety, security and a feeling that everything is going to be OK. When I get invited to baby showers there is sometimes a game where you write something on a card to give the new mother a piece of advise...I always write touch your child frequently, they will never forget it.

Karen Ingalls said...

You are blessed to have such wonderful memories and learned the beauty of touch.