About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Caregiver's Support

I am so blessed to have a husband, Jim, who always supports and encourages me. He was the best nurse; my memory when chemo brain set in; kissed my bald head; wiped my tears; and laughed at the laughable moments. Yes, there are laughable moments! You can read more about Jim and how we coped with my cancer in my book, Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir. You will find it on my website: www.outshineovariancancer.com.

A friend shared today how her partner is her complete support system even though she recently lost her mother to cancer. Sometimes we have to face similar crises, before we think we are ready to move on. I am not sure why that is, but I have seen it in my own life. Yet, like my friend's partner, because of love we reach down and find the strength and courage.

A fellow blogger, terminaltimes, today shared a song he wrote called "Always It's You". The words are meaningful and beautiful. I encourage you to listen to it on My Space.

Who is your supporter? How does he/she support you?

No comments: