About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Is Your Tire Flat?

I recently read "a bad attitude is like a flat tire, you won't get very far until you change it." We cannot always change life's events...like my ovarian cancer...but I did know that I had to change my attitude towards it. Was I going to be a flat tire and not be able to move or just go bumpety-bump down the road.  Was I going to live each day to its fullest, or was I going to drown in my own sorrow, probably bringing every one else down with me? Or was I going to stagger through each event giving myself and others only half of my hope and love? No, that was counter to who I am.

I grew up in an abusive home so I was familiar at an early age about how life sometimes sucks! I was also fortunate to have wonderful grandparents, who were inspirational, positive, and loving people. I chose to leave the abuse; seek God; and pursue an education and career so I could help people. In Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir, I share how the power of positive thinking, looking at a glass half-full, and seeing the cancer as an opportunity to grow and change helped me. I changed my flat tire!

Have you changed your tire?

No comments: