About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tina's Legacy

Tina was a young lady from London, with whom I became acquainted through her blog "Tina's Journey". She fought the disease of ovarian cancer for 3 1/2 years and passed away a few days ago at the young age of 45. Each blog was one of inspiration, humor, education, or wisdom as she shared her faith in God, love of life and family, and a determination to leave a positive legacy to her two young children.

Today's blog is to celebrate Tina and the too many women who have or had ovarian cancer. I am all the more determined to educate/inform women about ovarian cancer, and inspire them and their families.
           
The self-help author, Karen Salmansohn, wrote "Let go of what you cannot control. Channel all that energy into living fully in the now." Tina lived in the now right to the end. I have often used the analogy of outshining whatever challenge I might face. Tina shined so brightly (and still does) that her light reached across the miles of cyberspace.

I invite you to read the following books to become more informed about ovarian cancer:

         **Facing Cancer with God's Help by Jeanne Carol Martin
         **A Feather in My Wig by Barbara Van Billiard
         **Bearing Witness by Kathryn Carter

and I hope you will read my book, Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir. (Proceeds go to ovarian cancer research)

Please forward this blog to the women with whom you are in contact. Let's spread the word together, because that is the best way to fight this disease.







4 comments:

Dr. Margaret Aranda said...

Hi Karen Ingalls, I just love your blog and the fact that it highlights Ovarian Cancer and Outshining it (!)...that is even more fantastic! I posted a link to your Blog on my FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/margaret.a.ferrantemd

Would love if you could comment! Here's to increasing awareness!

Karen Ingalls said...

Whether it is dysautonomia or ovarian cancer, there needs to be more information out there. I encourage my followers to go to Dr. Margaret Aranda-Ferrante's website or FB and learn about her book, "No More Tears: A Physician Turned Patient Inspires Recovery."

Glynis said...

Hi Karen. Tears are flowing...Thank you for blessing the memory of Tina. At 45 years, it seems so unfair doesn't it. But we know that God has a plan and has our fragile lives under control. Was Tina from London, England or London, Ontario [Canada?]
So, Karen, where can I buy a copy of your book, my friend? You sound like an amazing woman and I need to be inspired!

Karen Ingalls said...

Tina was an amazing young woman and she inspired me through her blogs. She was actually from London, Ontario,
My book is available through my website at www.outshineovariancancer.com, Amazon.com, or Barnes & Noble.com. Thank you for your interest.
I follow your blog, Glynis, so let's stay in touch. We all need each other.