About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, September 27, 2012

God Will Bring You Through It

"Hi, my dearest. I am so glad you called," Aunt Arleigh answered her telephone with her usual brightness and enthusiasm. I smiled and let out a sigh of relief. I had put off calling her because I was concerned I would hear that she was very sick. She is 86 years young, has COPD, and works as an actress in Hollywood, mainly doing television commercials. She is my bright star!

For the past two weeks I have received too many phone calls about someone who has passed away or is seriously ill. A wonderful young mother died of ovarian cancer in Michigan. She was diagnosed 6 months before me. A dear friend went in for back surgery and has not been well since; another friend is fighting for every breath due to the long term affects of agent orange; and my brother-in-law has been diagnosed with bladder cancer. A dear friend just learned that her 45 year old son has Stage IV colon cancer and it is inoperable. Heavy burdens for so many.


"If God brought you to it, He will bring you through it." I do not know who deserves credit for this quote, but I think it is powerful and appropriate for today's blog. The fact is that life is full of challenges, diseases, and even death. I am sure you have seen pictures of trees or flowers stretching up toward the sun through the smallest of cracks in a rock. Sometimes they seem to defy gravity. That is the image I keep in my mind as I pray for strength, courage, and understanding when I am faced with what may seem to be an overwhelming challenge.

Like Aunt Arleigh says, "I am not ready to go now, but if God is ready for me, I will go with a smile on my face." She always reaches through "the cracks of life" and shines in God's love.




2 comments:

Dr. Margaret Aranda said...

Such a beautiful post, Karen. Yes, our souls can get heavy with the worries of each day.

I, too, am an eternal optimist. No matter what it is, how it looks, what it smells like, how awful it makes you feel, we just have one job on Earth: to keep our eyes on Jesus. If we look at the waves and hear the wind, we will surely start sinking.

There is no other way to look at life. God has His reasons. We have to accept how small we are, how incapable, how lost...and we have to seek His face.

Dr. Margaret Aranda said...

I came back because I thought you may like one of my other blogs, too. It is the only one of its kind, that I know of....a Christian blog for Chronic Illness ;-). Hope it brings you hope. And Inspiration.

Dr. Margaret Aranda
http://www.word-dysautonomiamd.blogspot.com