About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, November 8, 2012

One Year of Blogging: Meeting People from Around the World

This month marks one year since my first blog was written. At first I thought, "What will I blog about? Will people be interested in what I have to say?" I wanted it to be about life, not just ovarian cancer. I had read a variety of blogs some of which interested me, while others less so or not at all. Just as my book Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir is going to be of interest to some, it will not be for other people. And that is okay! One of the miraculous and wonderful things about life is how beautiful and unique we each are.

I have had over 6,400 page views of my blogs over the past year. The 54 blogs have covered a wide range of subjects, which I hope have inspired, educated, or raised your interest. I learned a lot doing some research and exploring my social and spiritual or religious views. It has been a time of self-growth! I appreciate the comments (107) I received, and welcome you to leave more in the future. They are interesting and helpful.

I have made new friends, renewed old friendships, and continued others. Some of you are in distant lands, which I would love to visit sometime. Viewers were from all over the world, but most were from the following countries:

  • United States             
  • Russia                          
  • United Kingdom          
  • Canada
  • Australia                                                           
  • Ukraine
  • France
  • Germany
  • South Africa
  • Netherlands


The purpose of my blogs are to help each of us learn, be inspired, and to live life more fully as well as increase awareness about ovarian cancer. Unfortunately, ovarian cancer affects people everywhere. If it were isolated to a certain culture, race, or region, perhaps it would be easier for science to determine the cause and therefore, find a cure. Proceeds from the book sales go to ovarian cancer research. Thank you for your support and I look forward to another year of blogging around the world.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Karen for sharing your life and your inspirational thoughts over the last year. I look forward to more this year!!!

Amy Ingalls

Karen Ingalls said...

Your support and encouragement is appreciated, Amy.