About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Ten Things For Which I Am Grateful

Join me this Thanksgiving Day to share, reflect on, and give thanks for ten things:

  • My family; a wonderful husband, 6 beautiful children, and 12 amazing grandchildren,




  • My clean bill of health; no recurrence of the ovarian cancer for 4 1/2 years,


  • Being a citizen of the United States of America, 






  • Friends, acquaintances, and strangers who have had a positive influence on me.






  • The wildlife of bald eagles, hawks, herons, egrets, wood ducks, osprey, and yes, even vultures and alligators,



  • The beautiful flowers, bushes, and trees that grace the landscape,     





  • For those who have and do serve in the military,



  • I love the computer and all the exciting things it does,



  • I am grateful to the Scotsmen who started the game of golf!


  • And, most importantly I am thankful that I have a faith in God. He is the foundation of everything I have listed above,

AND I AM GRATEFUL FOR YOU, WHO HAS READ THIS BLOG. HAPPY THANKSGIVING AND GOD BLESS YOU.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. I'm grateful to be sober today
2. I'm grateful for Alcoholics Annonymous
3. I'm grateful for Jim Tonjum
4. I'm grateful for my family
5. I'm grateful for this amazing universe, earth and all of its beauty
6. I'm grateful for the beautiful sunsets
7. I'm grateful for my good health
8. I'm grateful that I can see beyond the end of my nose. (It's not all about me)
9. I'm grateful for Grandma Dell
10. I'm grateful to be alive and happy!!!!

Amy Ingalls

Karen Ingalls said...

And, we are so grateful for you, your health and sobriety.

Anonymous said...

As I think about my life, I am thankful for (in no particular order):

All the people who have helped me over a lifetime.
(I am serious when I say I would have been nothing without all who stopped to help me along the way).
My brother's support.
My ability to work.
Friends.
My home.
My terrier.
My flowers and a few herbs. On 11-23-12, I cut the last of the last lettuce and parsley.
5 years disease free (Fall of 2012).
My resiliency to the challenges of life.
Exercise.

Christine

Karen Ingalls said...

My list was not in any particular order either. Just acknowledging those things for which I am grateful is what is important. Because I use the word "challenge" instead of "problem" I particularly liked #9: "my resiliency to the challenges of life."