About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child, but my first published book came as a result of my ovarian cancer diagnosis. The title is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

APPRECIATE WHAT YOU HAVE

I am very pleased to have Winsome Campbell-Green as my guest blogger this week. A successful author of two books, her message is positive, inspiring, and helpful. Enjoy!


                       "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. 
                         If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, 
                         ever have enough." (Oprah Winfrey)

     I want to leave with you a very important lesson to remember: appreciate all that you have and live in the moment. We all want to find happiness and fulfillment. Isn't that what everyone dreams of? In trying to acquire wealth, or find true love at the expense of your own needs or those who care about you, true happiness remains elusive. We all have a purpose in this life. If the things you try result in "setbacks," try something else, but enjoy the journey along the way. As we discussed earlier, those "setbacks" may turn out to be "steps forward" on the path to your joy. Remember things take time. When you feel like you are in the heat of battle with everything crumbling around you, pause to remind yourself it doesn't have to be a battle if you continue to have hope and faith.

     Setbacks do not mean you should abandon your goals. Even when things don't work out the way you wanted, that does not mean they won't. Stressing or worrying about what is to come prevents you from living and enjoying your life today! When considering a major change because the place that you're in feels uncomfortable, look at your life and see what you can do to change the place you're in. A change of location will not change your life if you don't change your own thoughts in the process. No matter where you go, your life will continue on the current path until you change your thoughts and your focus. As Dr. Wayne Dyer says, "What you focus on expands." If you live from a place of gratitude and appreciate all that you have, you will find more and more things to be grateful for. If you are focused on what's missing from your life, you will find more and more things missing.

     The past is the past. Looking back, and keeping your focus on the things that hurt you will only prevent you from living a happy life now. Looking back to see the lessons, being grateful for the things each experience taught you, and forgiving yourself and those that hurt you frees you up to enjoy every minute of every day that is given to you. Cherish the people in your life. Life is short, and one day you may look back on your life and say you wished you had loved more and enjoyed the little moments. Avoid those regrets by fully living in each moment. Don't lose your "present" by lamenting the past, or worrying about the future.

     Before you go, take some time to ponder the following questions and begin to take action:

          How can you change your own thoughts to change your life?

          Are you cheating yourself of the chance to live a happy and fulfilling life in the now?

          Do you want to live a happy and fulfilling life?

          Are you ready, willing and motivated?

          Then just do it!
  

                       Taken from: Ten Life Changing Lessons by Winsome Campbell-Green


Author Bio: I am a multi-talented young woman who has a passion for writing and inspiring people. I am the author of two books: Ten Life Changing Lessons and The Perks of A Positive Attitude: A Practical Guide To Happiness And Success. My hope is that my books will help to change thoughts and lives of my readers. I hope to inspire young adults (male and female), especially women, who has ever struggled to find their true purpose in life and who now wants to live a life of strength, purpose, and feel empowered. Currently I am working on my first novel about growing up in Jamaica. I am happily married to my best friend who is my loving husband. I enjoy going to the beautiful beach in the paradise Jamaica as well as traveling and experiencing different cultures. I believe in celebrating life and accepting each day with gratitude and love.

6 comments:

Elaine Stock said...

Winsome, what uplifting words. Thank you! I agree, faith and hope takes one further down the path than not embracing these truths.

I admire how you started your bio with such strong and self-affirming words... I need to learn how to do this :)

Winsome Campbell-Green said...

Thank you so much Elaine! This book was written from the heart and I made a promise to myself to very open and honest about how I came to embrace these lessons. I live by these lessons everyday and I am very happy others have come to love them as much as I do:)

My sincere gratitude to karen Ingalis for the privilege to share my words on her blog:)

Anonymous said...

Winsome, thank you for your insight and inspirational words. I really appreciate the principle of living in the moment and taking one day at a time. It's a must for me!!!!

Amy Ingalls

Winsome Campbell-Green said...

Hi Thank you for reading. Its a must for me too:))

Sharla Shults said...

Winsome, what inspiring words! If we live a life without gratitude then we are missing out on the true meaning of life. Within each moment are blessings, some of which are so simple they often go unnoticed or ignored.

Winsome Campbell-Green said...

Thank you Sharla! I ended Ten Life Changing Lessons on this hopeful note because it is one of the crucial key to happiness yet sometimes we overlook it and search for less fulfilling things. Happy you liked it:)