About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, March 14, 2013

INSPIRATION AND HOPE: HOW I FACED OVARIAN CANCER

     In June 2008 I was diagnosed with Stage IIC ovarian cancer, and was given a 50% chance to survive 5 years. The key factors that offered inspiration and hope to me then, and continue to this very day are:

                                                     *Faith in God

                                                           *Prayer and meditation

                                                               *Family and friends




      My belief in God began at the age of 17 when I accepted Jesus as my personal Savior. Prior to that I had not been raised in a Christian home, but my maternal grandmother was a devout Christian, who represented love, kindness, and wholesomeness. She was and still is a very important role model for me. I believe that God did not cause the cancer, but allowed it to happen. My recovery was based on His wisdom in knowing what was best for me.







     Shoulders to cry on, ears to listen, mouths to speak words of encouragement, and hands to help me were some of the ways family and friends assisted me in facing this cancer challenge. Sometimes it was laughter, or tears, or laying-on-of-hands. The food, cards, visits, flowers, gifts, telephone calls, or emails were encouraging and comforting.




 







                 I wrote Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir to reach out to women offering them information and inspiration. 

         Proceeds go to ovarian cancer research. Order at www.BeaversPondBooks at 40% discount...use "outshine" in coupon.

                                                   www.outshineovariancancer.com
   



4 comments:

Louise Malbon-Reddix said...

Tools, tools and more tools are what people need to come alongside of them going through a difficult time in life. Thank You for sharing your story! This is how I say it, "If I can help somebody, as I pass along the way, than my living shall not be in vain!"

Louise Malbon-Reddix

Louise Malbon-Reddix is the Author of:

Stand In Your Anointment - This Too Shall Pass!


You can find more by me at:
amazon.com/author/louisempc

Shirley Corder said...

Karen, what you say is so true. Every little bit of encouragement, every expression of love, every moment spent waiting upon the Lord, does indeed renew our strength (Isaiah 40:31) and help us to keep hanging in there.

Shirley - author of Strength Renewed. http://www.shirleycorder.com/ViewPage.asp?StrengthRenewedBook

Karen Ingalls said...

Louise & Shirley, you both have so beautifully summed up this blog's message. Without God, I am powerless and truly alone. We are to be instruments of God's Love by reaching out to others with kindness, generosity, and compassion.

I will add your book, Louise, to my list of must-reads. Thank you for leaving your amazon site address. I recommend Ms. Corder's book Strength Renewed, which is a spiritual and moving account of her journey with breast cancer. I strongly recommend it for anyone facing a health issue or life challenge.

ovarian cyst rupture blog said...

Hi Karen ,

This is Kiran Chandra , I'm a great lover of your blog and so ive sent you a MAIL on MSN Regarding my blog ovarian cyst rupture

Please kindly reply to my mail so that we can discuss further.
Awaiting for you