About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

DON'T IGNORE THE PAIN: ABDOMINAL OR PELVIC



                    "I had pain in what seemed like my stomach area."
          "The pain was in the lower corner of my abdomen and radiated around to my back."

                                            "My lower back hurt without relief."

                      "I thought the abdominal pain was just related to my menstrual cycle."

               "I take Aleve, (Advil, Tylenol or Aspirin) and the pain never really goes away."





The message is clear and simple: 

       IF THE PAIN PERSISTS LONGER THAN 2 WEEKS, SEE YOUR PHYSICIAN.

                           THIS COULD BE A SYMPTOM OF OVARIAN CANCER.


ON MAY 12, OUR NATION GIVES HONOR TO OUR MOTHERS. SHARE THIS INFORMATION WITH YOUR MOTHER, SISTER, DAUGHTER, GRANDMOTHER, AUNT, OR ANY FEMALE FRIEND. 

                THE MORE WOMEN WHO KNOW THE SIGNS, THE MORE WILL NOT IGNORE 
                                 THE "WHISPERING" SYMPTOMS OF OVARIAN CANCER.
                                                 PLEASE HELP...SHARE THIS BLOG

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget urinary frequency is a symptom, too.

Thanks,
Christine

Karen Ingalls said...

Yes, and there are other symptoms which I will highlight at different times. In the past I have written about them as a group or sometimes individually. The subtlety of the symptoms requires me to write about them again and again.

Your comment is most welcome. God bless and thank you for sharing your thoughts and wisdom.

Inspirational Women Social Club Fan Blog said...

We appreciate the information that we will be taking with us always. Thanks Mrs. Karen for the information that we all should take heed too as women. You're Awesome.

Karen Ingalls said...

Any help in spreading the woe about ovarian cancer symptoms and risk factors is appreciated. This disease does not discriminate. The youngest case I know of is an 8 year old child...yes, a little girl!
Thank you for your comment.