About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

IT IS EASIER TO BREATHE: LOVE & GRATITUDE

                   


                      "Your thoughts, words, and deeds are painting the world around you."

                                    This quote by Jewel Diamond Taylor poignantly explains not what life does to us, but how we react and interact in our world.

             A good friend recently shared how she looks at three different photographs of family and nature each morning to start her day and each evening as she prepares for sleep. One photo makes her laugh; another one reinforces her appreciation for the beauty of nature; and the third photo reminds her of God's unconditional love.


           SHE IS PAINTING HER WORLD WITH BRUSHES OF LOVE AND GRATITUDE.


When we are content, grateful, positive, smiling, and trusting our bodies, minds, and spirits are relaxed.  All the bodies systems are in an environment to work more harmoniously and efficiently; our minds are free of cluttering thoughts and needless worries; and our relationship to God or a Higher Power is more profound.

                          "It is easier to breathe," my friend said. "I still have challenges and problems to face, but life is smoother.
             Might I suggest that each morning and at each bedtime:
           1. Sit or lie down in a comfortable position.
                2. Breathe in and out three long slow breathes.
                3. Look at 3 photographs that lift your spirit, make you smile, and grow your gratitude.
                4. After a few minutes, arise and enjoy your day; or have a peaceful sleep.


Here are my photos:





***Thank you for visiting this site. Each week's blog is intended to provide information and inspiration.  I welcome your comments, which you can give anonymously.
  

4 comments:

Shirley Corder said...

I love the idea of looking at three pictures. Hmm. Now to choose them!

Karen Ingalls said...

I choose 3 different ones each day...then relax and let myself be filled gratitude.
Thank you for visiting this site.

Inspirational Women Social Club Fan Blog said...

You have a beautiful family... all pictures are beautiful. You're blessed Mrs. Karen

Karen Ingalls said...

Thank you for the kind words. I am very blessed and very grateful.
It was nice of you to leave the comment...appreciated.