About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Friday, May 17, 2013

"I CAN'T EAT ANOTHER BITE!"



                          Appetite change is a common symptom of ovarian cancer.


                                   "Gosh, I was hungry, but already I'm full." 

           IT WAS HER ONLY WARNING SIGN THAT SOMETHING WAS NOT RIGHT!


                      How much of your meal can you typically eat before you feel full? 

                              100%               75%               50%               25%


***Are you constantly full?

         ***Do you have queasiness or indigestion?

                       ***Are you constipated?

                                      ***Are you bloated?

                                                  ***Have you had a weight change?


          PLEASE see your physician if you are aware of any changes in your appetite for 2 weeks. Keep a diary of your appetite changes; write down your family history of cancer; and take this information to the doctor.

         Ovarian cancer has a 90% survival rate if diagnosed and treated in Stage I. 



                  *** Listen to your bodies and act on any change that is not healthy or normal. PLEASE DO NOT IGNORE OR MAKE EXCUSES about what your body is saying to you.




Ovarian cancer does not discriminate. It can affect any age.





To learn more go to:
        http://www.outshineovariancancer.com
        http://www.BeaversPondBooks.com
        http://www.amazon.com/Outshine-An-Ovarian-Cancer-Memoir/dp/1592984622/ref=sr


(Photos courtesy of www.healthexcellence.com and www.picsearch.com)




2 comments:

Kathryn Treat said...

Thank you for sharing.

Karen Ingalls said...

Since the symptoms of ovarian cancer are so similar to other disorders, and they "whisper," or difficult to diagnose, I believe it is imperative that information about this lesser known disease be shared.

Thank you for visiting the site and leaving a comment.