About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, May 23, 2013

WARRIORS: FOR HEALTH AND FREEDOM



Those of us who have faced, or are facing, the diagnosis of ovarian cancer we often talk about "winning the battle," "fighting the good fight," or "warrior woman" and other such warrior phrases.

              **Our healthy white cells try to kill the cancer cells.

              **Some cancer cells attempt to "hide" from the chemotherapy or radiation.

              **We choose to eat or avoid certain foods giving us strength or ammunition.

              **We armor ourselves with positive thinking, meditation, and humor.

              **Some of us will win battles, but others will unfortunately lose the war.

              **Research and doctors learn something from every case.
           
              **Those before me have contributed to the health of today's woman.



WEAR THE COLOR TEAL
              EVERY TUESDAY
                            AND SHARE ABOUT
                                            OVARIAN CANCER
                                                                                    HONOR THE WOMEN WARRIORS

My humble thanks to the men and women who have served, and those who are currently our national warriors. 


PLEASE THANK OUR SERVICEMEN
             AND SERVICEWOMEN...
                       THEY NEED TO KNOW WE CARE...
                                 NOT JUST ON MEMORIAL DAY,
                                                    BUT EVERY DAY.





http://www.outshineovariancancer.com
http://amazon.com/Outshine-An-Ovarian-Cancer-Memoir/dp/1592984622/ref=sr






2 comments:

cancer treatment centers of america newnan said...

Like to color teal. Awareness is very necessary for ovarian cancer.

Karen Ingalls said...

Teal is the color! I try to wear my pins and bracelets everyday which give opportunities for conversation and information.

Thank you for visiting this site.