STEPS TO A HEALTHY MIND
Norman Vincent Peale wrote about THE POWER OF POSITIVE THINKING
"REMEMBER WHEN LIFE'S PATH IS STEEP TO KEEP YOUR MIND EVEN." (Horace)
TAKE THESE 5 STEPS:
- STAY STIMULATED: take classes, play games, read books, work puzzles, learn a new language.
- BE PHYSICALLY ACTIVE: take walks, join an exercise group, dance, bicycle, kayak, golf, and the list goes on.
- TALK IT OUT: if issues are causing high stress, see a professional counselor. Friends and family are also great resources for other less stressful issues.
- SIMPLIFY YOUR LIFE: it is okay to say "no" to a volunteer group, committee, etc. Perhaps a professional organizer to help with personal items.
- LAUGH IT UP: watch a funny movie, go to a comedy club, be playful and let the child in you be out.
Pay close attention to what you think or daydream about.
Change any negative thinking to positive ones.
Right thoughts lead to right actions and right feelings.
THE FIVE STEPS OUTLINED HERE ARE LESSONS I LEARNED FROM
MY GRANDMOTHER. HER WISE WORDS HELPED ME FACE MANY ISSUES IN MY LIFE, INCLUDING OVARIAN CANCER.