About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, September 5, 2013

JUST TRUST: SOMETIMES THERE ARE MIRACLES



     Alabama quarterback, AJ McCarron, was in a horrific wave runner accident at the age of 5. His parents were told he probably would not live, or at best have severe brain injury. The family prayed and God "gave me a second chance at life."

     Almost 20 years later AJ meets Starla Chapman, a little girl with acute myeloid leukemia in the same hospital he was in as a young boy. They connected at a spiritual level and are friends. They both are miracles.  Starla's message is: "just trust."


                        Click and watch this video: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=9617318



        I have a friend appropriately named Angela, and she is a cancer miracle. Her journey with it started as a teenager, was told she had almost no chance to recover nor ever have children. Angela believed in God and prayed for a cure...and was blessed with good health. Today she is the mother of 3 healthy, robust sons, and now anticipating the arrival of her first grandchild.




Professional football player, Mark Herzlich is a miracle case who recovered from bone cancer. He never lost hope and his goal was to play football again, which he did.

"I went through something terrible and other people are going through something terrible right now. If I can help motivate them in a way or just share my story and show them an example of a positive outcome, then I can give them hope."





Another miracle: Rachel Lozano prayed for intercession and care in Rome. Upon returning home the doctors told her there was more cancer and she was terminal. During one last surgery to remove the cancer the doctors were shocked to find no cancerous tissue. "They (doctors) actually had to testify that they could not explain why I'm alive," said Lozano. 

She had a rare form of cancer called "Askin's Tumor."



September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. This year I celebrated my 5th year of being cancer free, so I consider the last 5 years of my life to be miraculous. Prayer, hope, belief, and trust are acts and traits that sustained AJ, Starla, Mark, Angela, Rachel and I to face very challenging health issues.  They are still part of our daily lives as survivors.


                                                         NEVER LOSE HOPE
                                                                    AND
                                                           JUST TRUST...
                                             SOMETIMES MIRACLES DO HAPPEN
                                                        


No comments: