About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, September 12, 2013

PASSION TO CHANGE THE WORLD ONE STEP AT A TIME


          I have a passion to change the world's information and statistics about ovarian cancer, but I know it can only be accomplished "one step and one person at a time." 

               "All the flowers of tomorrow are the seeds of today." (Anonymous)


  •  If I can plant the seed of knowledge about ovarian cancer in one woman's mind, then I have achieved one purpose of my life now.
  •  If I can give a woman and her family hope, inspiration, and peace, then I believe I am doing what God intends me to do.

            "You are never too old to set another goal, or to dream a new dream." (C.S. Lewis)

Harriet Hodgson



"Helping other bereaved people makes me feel good inside,"
Harriet Hodgson, age 78.

Author of more than 30 books and inspirational speaker. Most recent book is Seed Time, Growing from Disappointments, Losses, and Sorrows.




                   Jan Erickson developed a fashion line for the elderly and disabled in 2002.

"It's just been an amazing gift to be able to have this business and to believe that we're doing something that matters," she stated in 2012 at the age of 62.


Shirley Corder



"My prayer for each one of us is that we will start to copy the eagle---that we will spread our wings," Shirley Corder, age 68.


A registered nurse and breast cancer survivor; freelance writer; author of Strength Renewed: Meditations For Your Journey Through Breast Cancer.






Diana Nyad, Age 65

            "You don't have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step." (Unknown)

  • What if I don't see the first step? Of course, you will see it.
  • What if I trip and fall? So what? Pick yourself up, brush off the dust, and begin again.
  • What if I can't see the top of the staircase? That's okay. You don't need to see it.



We can make changes in ourselves, change our attitudes, set goals, and be willing to take the first step. Each of these women have shown us that it can be done. They each pursued their passion and the world is a better place for it.

Share about changes you have made; goals you have set or achieved; and what were your first steps. Would love to hear from you.




At the age of 71,  I am at a Barnes & Noble for a book signing with my editor, Angela Wiechmann.

"My mission in life is to spread the word about ovarian cancer, and offer hope to women and their families."



September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month.

For the month of September it may be purchased at 20% discount through www.BeaversPondBooks.com. Use the word "teal" in the coupon.

Proceeds go to ovarian cancer research.

No comments: