About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, October 24, 2013

FAITH, HOPE AND HEALING


     "Faith, Hope and Healing: The Faith Doctor with Your Rx for Life!" is written by Pamela Christian, my guest blogger this week. She is an author, speaker, and media personality. Her words of compassionate encouragement come from a life riddled with various major losses and serious near losses. She shares her experiences to help others discover the same life-giving truth she has.




       Anyone who has ever suffered loss—health, financial, relational, material—loss of any kind, has most certainly had their faith challenged. For some the challenge is overwhelming and they find themselves wrestling with hopelessness. Is this you? Perhaps you are troubled by the loss that someone you love has been suffering. This can bring you to struggle with hopelessness too.

      At my lowest times, and there have been many, I’ve had to deliberately redirect my focus off my circumstances and onto my hope. Looking back I realize this was putting my faith into action. “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen,” (Heb. 11:1 NKJ). Whatever we are enduring has only as much power over us as we are willing to give it, especially in light of the promises of God.

      The words of Alan Redpath have helped me to intentionally change my focus. He wrote, “There is nothing—no circumstance, no trouble, no testing—that can ever touch me until, first of all, it has gone past God and Christ, right through to me. If it has come that far, it has come with great purpose, which I may not understand at the moment. But as I refuse to panic, as I lift up my eyes to Him, and accept it as coming from the throne of God, for some great purpose of blessing to my heart, no sorrow will ever disarm, no circumstance will cause me to fret. For I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is.”

      Perhaps it strikes you as it did me that he wrote “I shall rest in the joy of what my Lord is,” not who my Lord is.  Do you know what He is?  He is our Hope.




      Willfully meditating on the promises of God, choosing to look intently at the face of my Hope instead of my circumstances, more times than I can count, has brought me through otherwise overwhelming times, with much less pain than I would have suffered had I given into hopelessness. Even when the promises are excruciatingly slow in being manifest, just remaining focused on my Hope, knowing His character and will for my life, brings me peace and renews my strength.

   

       We demonstrate our faith when we stand on the promises of God. It’s then that our Hope is made sure. Imagine what life must be like for those who do not have faith in the God of the Bible. Dr. N. Jerome Stowell, was one such individual for many years of his life.

      As an atheistic nuclear scientist, Dr. Stowell shared in The Voice of Healing, that he had headed a team of doctors who used a delicate instrument they devised, to measure the wave-lengths of the brain. They checked the emanations from the brain of a woman near death. She was praying at the time and they could tell that something about her was reaching towards God. The meter registered 500 positive. This was 55 times the power registered by a 50,000 kilowatt radio broadcast station sending waves around the world. In the same hospital, they tried the meter on the brain of a man cursing God. The meter pegged 500 minus. These are the two extremes the team saw in their experiments. 


      Dr. Stowell is quoted, “We had established by instrumentation the positive power of God and the negative power of the adversary. We had found that beneficial truth is positive, and that non-beneficial things involving breaking God’s commandments, are negative in varying degrees. It is the presence of God in us that gives us power, of whose magnitude we have no conception! I am now a scientist who loves the Lord with all my heart.”

      No one can fathom the literal pull a Christian exerts when he/she is in personal contact with God—it far beyond the comprehensions of mortality. With Dr. Stowell’s team having effectively measured it, we can’t deny its reality. The world little realizes the impact of believing prayer. It is a moving of the resources of the Infinite.

      When you are faced with a particularly difficult situation, determine to demonstrate your faith through prayer and meditation on scripture promises. This will renew your Hope, allowing you to experience a healing in your soul and spirit uniquely available to those who revere God.

Pamela Christian's newest book, the first in a three-series, endorsed by Josh McDowell, Dr. Craig Hazen and Dan Story, among other is, Examine Your Faith! Finding Truth in  a World of Lies. Available at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Deeper Shopping and other retailers.  


Visit Pam's web site to learn about the book launch contest with weekly prizes and give aways through mid November. No purchase necessary. Subscribe to her free blog or bi-monthly ENewsletter to be eligible to win. To get the best price for her book, through mid November only, order direct from her store. Bundle discounts encourage giving the book away - what better gift than the gift of truth?


2 comments:

Andy Heller said...

Very good words. Its not always easy to apply this, but that's why its so important that constantly feed ourselves Scripture and trust and fully believe that God is who He says He is and that He will do as He says He will do.

Karen Ingalls said...

Andy, your words are so true. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.