About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

"I HAVE A LUMP IN MY THROAT"



                                          The incidence of thyroid cancer is rising,
                                                             the cure rate is high.
                     But this is a serious disease and not to be considered "the good cancer."


Do you know the symptoms?

                                   * A lump in the throat,

                                   * Difficulty swallowing,

                                   * Pain in the neck or ears,

                                   * Difficulty swallowing, or constant wheezing,

                                   * Frequent coughing,

                                   * Or, a hoarse voice.

Typically treatment involves surgery and radioactive iodine.

                                             **A recurrence may occur, years later**

There are no clear causes, 
                                however the risk factors are:
                                                             high exposure to radiation, 
                                                             family or personal history of goiter,
                                                             or, certain genetic syndromes.

Please watch the following video, which is informative and inspirational.
                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqvy3B8W2a4

My thanks to www.thyroid.org, www.mayoclinic.com, and www.streaming well.com.





No comments: