About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, February 20, 2014

DRUGS, DRUGGIE & DRUGGED


Drugs: are medications to treat or cure a disease or disorder. They provide symptom or pain relief; reduce swelling or fevers; and provide comfort, sleep or relaxation by decreasing stress or anxiety.

          Druggies: are some people who unfortunately use such unhealthy drugs as cocaine, heroin, methamphetamine, alcohol, and in my opinion, marijuana. Some also use prescription drugs in abusive and unhealthy ways.
        Unhealthy street drugs look like this under the microscope. Some are beautiful, others look disjointed.
OPIUM
COCAINE


ECTASY

**At a recent social gathering in our community the following was shared about being drugged.** 


           Did we have a drug problem when we were growing up in the 1930's, 1940's or 1950's?
                                                                YES, WE DID!
  • We were drugged to church on Sunday mornings or the Synagogue on Saturdays,
  • By our ears we were drugged to apologize for something said disrespectfully,
  • Weeds got pulled in Mom's garden after I was drugged out for swearing or lying,
  • Or, I was drugged to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap,
  • If I had a poor report card, I was drugged with my parents to meet the teacher.
                         THOSE DRUGS ARE STILL IN MY VEINS...
                                AND I THANK GOD FOR PARENTS & GRANDPARENTS
                                        WHO PROVIDED ME WITH SUCH DRUGS.

(I believe this was written by Randy & Melanie Bordelon. It is a popular letter found on the Internet posted in newspapers and on blogs.)


     The moral of this blog is to use drugs as prescribed by a physician; over-the-counter medications as directed by the manufacturer, a physician or pharmacist; and to not fall into the temptation to use "street drugs." Drugs used correctly can be a positive experience, but being a druggie is a life that is doomed to be non-productive, unhealthy, and often crime filled.



            Chemotherapy, steroids, vitamins, and pain meds are some of the drugs that contributed to             the destruction of the cancer cells, my body's tolerance, and general health. I thank God for the benefits I have received from such medications. 






2 comments:

4writersandreaders.com said...

Dear Karen, My thoughts and prayers go with you and all of your family. ((( hugs )))

Karen Ingalls said...

Thank you for your prayers. They are so appreciated.