About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Friday, February 28, 2014

MAKING A BIRD'S NEST







A very special friend recently sent me a beautiful email in response to reading my book, Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir. His wife passed away a few years ago from ovarian cancer and he comes to our monthly lunch in Orlando. 
When she lost her hair she decided to make a bird's nest out of it.





                                        Now it is my turn to make a bird's nest. 





      Yesterday I learned that the cancer has returned!

               It is a tumor in my abdomen near my colon and two nodules in my left lung.

                         I will have chemotherapy again, starting very soon.

                                 The good news is that the tumors are small and contained.


                             I ask for your prayers for me, my husband, and family....

In closing, here is the prayer from St. Francis of Assisi that helped support me the first time I faced this ugly and scary challenge:

                   Lord, help me to live this day quietly, easily.
                  To lean upon thy great strength trustfully, restfully.
                  To wait for the unfolding of thy will patiently, serenely.
                  To meet others peacefully, joyously.
                  To face tomorrow confidently, courageously.



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am here with you Karen in spirirt. I feel your courage, strength, grace and peace. I pray for healing and continued strength and courage as you make your way through this next phase of life. May God Bless you and keep you safe.

I love you Karen,
Amy Ingalls

Karen Ingalls said...

I am blessed to have you in my life. I love you too.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear the cancer has returned. I know you will face it courageously as you did the first time around. Thank you for your book and positive posts. I am now a one year survivor and have been off chemo for five weeks. I am currently NED and am anxious to regain some strength. God be with you as the battle continues.

Corymccarty

Elaine Stock said...

May God bless you with health, joy, and peace.

Thanks for sharing that prayer with us.

Kathryn Treat said...

Karen - I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you battle once again.

Anonymous said...

Karen, all of the prayers that we can muster collectively from your family at Rave Reviews Book Club, are now bestowed upon you. We will be here for you to lean on, and we will lift you up and your book, when you're tired and can't lift on your own. You have our FULL support. We pray your healing in God's name, and remember: if you don't claim it, it is not yours! Much Love `Nonnie Jules

Bruce A. Borders said...

Get well soon!

Danica Cornell said...

Karen, please know you're in my thoughts and prayers. ((Hugs)) to you!

Marly said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. We'll be lifting you up daily!

B. Weeks said...

Hi, Karen. I just want you to know that you and your family are in my prayers. My hope for you is that you are filled with peace and strength in this trying time. God bless and keep you.

motorcityauthor said...

Hello Karen, My prayers are with you every step of your recovery. Prayer is powerful.

Karen Ingalls said...

I am overwhelmed and very grateful for the prayers and support you all and so many others are giving me.
I plan to continue my blog in helping people know about ovarian and other cancers; wellness; relationships and spirituality. My novel, Novy's Son, The Selfish Genius, will be out the middle of March.
God bless each of you, and THANK YOU for your kindness and reaching out to me.

Parkinson's, shaken, not stirred said...

I am terribly sorry to hear the cancer has returned. Stay strong and lean on your loved ones around you for the extra support to get through this. We all have inner strengths that we pull upon in times of need, and I hope you can remain positive and keep hopeful. Our physical and spirit are very much intertwined and can strongly affect one another, I am sure your blog reaches many people around the world who are walking the same path as you and can relate and fully understand. You give others hope and strength - never forget that. I wish you the very best. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Marilyn Brown said...

Dearest Karen, I hadn't heard your news. Believe me, I know what you are feeling. The wicked beast seems to linger. Just know, it can all be good again. I'm 3 months out of chemo and back to playing golf. I might not have quite as much energy, but that may be due to age. Your wonderful book was so encouraging to me--also Lynn Eib's "50 Days of Hope." If you haven't read it, get it off Amazon. I will be looking forward to seeing you at the Teal Magnolia.

Karen Ingalls said...

Knowing I have the support and prayers from so many is uplifting and strengthening. Thank you.

Karen Ingalls said...

This is the nature of this beast. I was shocked also but now I will face and outshine the cancer again. Thank you for the book recommendation. I will get it. I plan to be at the Teal Magnolia and at Lowke Lunch.

Teri Garringer said...

Karen,

My heart hurts knowing you face another battle. May God give you the peace, comfort, and STRENGTH as only HE can. Please know you are not alone. Many are lifting you up in prayer!

Karen Ingalls said...

Teri, I apologize for not responding to your comment sooner. I just saw it!
Thank you for your prayers and support and I feel and know the power of prayers from everyone.
I am truly the one blessed.