About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE: MY ROLE MODELS


Dr. Elisabeth Kubler-Ross stated:

          "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE WE HAVE KNOWN ARE THOSE WHO HAVE KNOWN 
          DEFEAT, KNOWN SUFFERING, KNOWN STRUGGLE, KNOWN LOSS, AND HAVE
          FOUND THEIR WAY OUT OF THOSE DEPTHS."

                                     It is the remaining part of the quote that is important.

            "THESE PERSONS HAVE AN APPRECIATION, A SENSITIVITY, AND AN UNDER-
            STANDING OF LIFE THAT FILLS THEM WITH COMPASSION, GENTLENESS, AND A
            DEEP LOVING CONCERN. BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE DO NOT JUST HAPPEN."
                                                          

Some of the beautiful people in my life are:

           1. My adopted Aunt Arleigh taught me so much about life, people, and spirituality despite
               serious financial and health issues. At 88 years young she continues to reach out to people
               helping them with any and all issues.


           2. Bonnie Donihi was a leader in the founding of the Ovarian Cancer
               National Alliance, and the Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Florida. She
               helped bring about the Nurses Educational Initiative, the Teresa
               Rosebrough Research Fund, and the Kelly Smith Gynecologic and
               Ovarian Cancer Education and Awareness Act. She is a 19 year
               ovarian cancer survivor with three recurrences.




 3. Harriet Hodgson who raised her two teenage grandchildren with unconditional love after the sudden and tragic deaths of their parents. She is a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, Association for Death Education and Counseling. Author of more than 25 books. www.harriethodgson.com
             
             






  4. Those volunteers who give their time, energy, and talents
       while facing their own health issues without complaint. They
       volunteer in the chemotherapy room, at rallies, fundraisers, and
       luncheons. Each of them face their own personal challenges
       with a gynecologic cancer with dignity, humor, and honesty.


When you are a beautiful person:
    * There is no egotism, but a healthy ego;
     *There is no self-gain, only gain for others;
      *There is no financial reward, but God's reward;
       *There may not be any historical recognition, just appreciation.



Please let us know who are your beautiful people? Add a photo of them if you so choose.




You can read more about some of my beautiful people in Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir
                                 All proceeds go to gynecologic cancer research.
                            Visit my new website at: www.outshineovariancancer.com.











                                     

4 comments:

The Savvy Sister said...

Beautiful post Karen!

Karen Ingalls said...

Thank you. There are so many more beautiful people I could have named.

Kathryn Treat said...

Karen, I have met some amazing beautiful people. This is a lovely post.

Karen Ingalls said...

I wish I could name each beautiful person and share a little about them. That would take a book.... Maybe that is what I should do! I always taught my kids that one never knows how an action or words could impact another, so let's try to be positive role models to even strangers.