"THE MOST BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE WE HAVE KNOWN ARE THOSE WHO HAVE KNOWN
DEFEAT, KNOWN SUFFERING, KNOWN STRUGGLE, KNOWN LOSS, AND HAVE
FOUND THEIR WAY OUT OF THOSE DEPTHS."
It is the remaining part of the quote that is important.
"THESE PERSONS HAVE AN APPRECIATION, A SENSITIVITY, AND AN UNDER-
STANDING OF LIFE THAT FILLS THEM WITH COMPASSION, GENTLENESS, AND A
DEEP LOVING CONCERN. BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE DO NOT JUST HAPPEN."
Some of the beautiful people in my life are:
1. My adopted Aunt Arleigh taught me so much about life, people, and spirituality despite
serious financial and health issues. At 88 years young she continues to reach out to people
helping them with any and all issues.
2. Bonnie Donihi was a leader in the founding of the Ovarian Cancer
National Alliance, and the Ovarian Cancer Alliance of Florida. She
helped bring about the Nurses Educational Initiative, the Teresa
Rosebrough Research Fund, and the Kelly Smith Gynecologic and
Ovarian Cancer Education and Awareness Act. She is a 19 year
ovarian cancer survivor with three recurrences.
3. Harriet Hodgson who raised her two teenage grandchildren with unconditional love after the sudden and tragic deaths of their parents. She is a member of the American Society of Journalists and Authors, Association for Death Education and Counseling. Author of more than 25 books. www.harriethodgson.com
4. Those volunteers who give their time, energy, and talents
while facing their own health issues without complaint. They
volunteer in the chemotherapy room, at rallies, fundraisers, and
luncheons. Each of them face their own personal challenges
with a gynecologic cancer with dignity, humor, and honesty.
When you are a beautiful person:
* There is no egotism, but a healthy ego;
*There is no self-gain, only gain for others;
*There is no financial reward, but God's reward;
*There may not be any historical recognition, just appreciation.
Please let us know who are your beautiful people? Add a photo of them if you so choose.
You can read more about some of my beautiful people in Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir.
All proceeds go to gynecologic cancer research.
Visit my new website at: www.outshineovariancancer.com.