About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

HOPE: THE RENEWING FORCE


              HOPE is the feeling that what is wanted will happen; a belief in fulfillment.




                 As a child we might say, "I hope Santa brings me what I want."
                   The teenager might say, "I hope Bobby (or whomever) likes me."
                      A Christian begins to hope in the form of a prayer "I hope (pray) it is Thy will...."

We all have hopes and dreams as we go through life with its many challenges and awards. When we accept the deeper spiritual meaning of hope, our life is richer and more peaceful, healthy, and strong.

   
How does a person regain hope when it had been lost? Through prayer. Ask God to show you the way and He will. Talk to those people you love and trust, and they will instill words and actions filling you with hope. Read stories from Chicken Soup for the Soul, The Bible, Guideposts or follow links on the Internet under stories of hope.




Often it has been shown that when a person loses hope, the body fails to thrive, the spirit becomes depressed, and there are only words of negativity and despair.

With hope the body becomes energized releasing endorphins, increasing the body's own methods of self healing. There are more smiles and less frowns. There is a "light or glow" that radiates and touches everyone.




                        


We each can be like the pansy and bring our frail bodies up straight and tall through the deepest, coldest, and hardest of circumstances. Without HOPE nothing matters.





      
                          I have met some incredible people who have had cancer, 
                               and their greatest attribute was a sense of HOPE. 


THE MONTH OF OCT. IS FOR BREAST CANCER, WHICH IS CONNECTED TO OVARIAN CANCER.
IF A WOMAN HAS BREAST CANCER, SHE IS AT GREATER RISK OF DEVELOPING OVARIAN CANCER AND VICE VERSA.




 HOPE is the driving force behind the new beginnings after any storm. Without hope a person, group or nation will not survive. Life's challenges can seem overwhelming for a time, but with a faith in God, the willingness to make necessary changes, and the human spirit of survival will get us through.  

                                                              

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I could put a 'face' on Hope, it would look and sound like something E. Dickinson said. She wrote that:

"Hope" is the thing with feathers (think bird) that perches in the soul and sings the tune without words and never stops - at all." Emily Dickinson.

Christine

Karen Ingalls said...

Oh my goodness...that is beautiful. I hope all my followers will see your comment. Thank you for sharing.

Kathryn Treat said...

Lovely post Karen. Without hope, there is nothing!

Karen Ingalls said...

So very true. "Sorrow looks back, worry looks around, and Faith (Hope) looks up."