About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, October 30, 2014

THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP

        Friendship is a relationship of mutual affection and a strong bond between two people.
                   



                                     "Friends are angels who lift us to our feet
                              when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
                                                       (Unknown))
       

When I was a college student at the University of Colorado, five of us young women formed a bond for those four years plus another 51 years. We scattered in different directions geographically and career-wise, but we always stayed in touch. We had our first reunion 3 years ago with three out of five us making it. 


There is a bond between the four of us who play golf every week. An opportunity to share, laugh, and just have good fun.


A group of us women gather for lunch on a regular basis and we share our joys and fears. We support one another with listening, kind words, and love.

I am blessed to have friends from a "card club" I started the year I retired in 2000. The group has changed a lot and is now down to 5 of us. We laugh more than play cards, and we have always been there for each other. 


Such special and beautiful women I have met as we share the journey of ovarian cancer. They are truly gifts from God who have filled my life through their ministry, tears, sharing, hugs, and even laughter. 


We even show off our bald heads with smiles and hugs!





Those people who do not have friends usually tend not to enjoy good health nor live as long. They are often bitter and lonely. As we discussed last week about seeing the glass half full, friendships stimulate good health.

Through this blog I have made friends around the world, and though we may never meet in person, I know there is a bond. I give thanks for such a gift.

WEGO Health is once again having its annual Health Activist Awards. If you would be interested in nominating me for "Best Blog" please go to www.awards.wegohealth.com Thank you for your support.

No comments: