About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

I WISH I MAY, I WISH I MIGHT

                                For what do you wish?

                                                        World peace?
                                                             A better job?
                                                                 Improved health?
                                                                      Better relationship(s)?

I do not just wish, but I pray for world peace.  The first step to world peace starts with me...AND YOU. We must learn to get along with our own neighbors before we can extend the olive branch to our city, state, nation, and world neighbors.






I retired from the nursing profession some 10 years ago...I cannot imagine a better profession that helped to prepare me for my current job as an author and advocate.
I know that some of you are looking for a better or different job. I pray that you will keep yourself open to every opportunity...the door you peak into just might be the right door...so do not quickly pass by a door...it may be waiting for you to open it and go through.



I pray everyday for my teal sisters and a cure for ovarian cancer. I give thanks for this day and pray for many more days of good health and being cancer free.






Family relationships are sometimes the most difficult to keep harmonious. When I was a young mother I prayed that my family would be like Leave It To Beaver. Television shows are fantasies, but also they are vehicles from which we can learn. Relationships among friends, co-workers, and acquaintances require the same love, positivity, and forgiveness we need to give to our relatives.



I wish I may, I wish I might is a phrase referred to in both my books: Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir and Novy's Son, The Selfish Genius. From each one I hope you will learn about your role in life...physically, spiritually, and emotionally. Do we just wish? Or do we act with a heart open to wishes coming true.

                                                   http://www.outshineovariancancer.com
                                        www.amazon.com/Novy's Son, The Selfish Genius
                                  www.amazon.com/Outshine-An-Ovarian-Cancer-Memoir


No comments: