About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Thursday, December 4, 2014

STEP TO THE LEFT


                                                        STEP LEFT

                                                               By Carmyn Sparks

"When you complain, you make yourself a victim.  
           Leave the situation, change the situation, or accept it.  
                 All else is madness!"  (Tolle)

Those "crazy makers" that come in our minds when we flee, freeze or fight to avoid the pain!

               How do we leave, change or accept the situation and avoid the madness?

In the New Testament the process is called "casting." 

              Matthew 6:25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life,"  
              I Peter 5:7 "Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you."




When I was growing up I use to fish with a fishing pole and hook.  In order to lure a fish I had to put a sticky, slimy worm on the hook, yuck!  After a couple of years I finally graduated to a casting rod which came with a bright and slimly plastic worm. No hook to bait! 

It took years to get the hang of "casting!"  It looked so easy to throw that line in the direction I wanted it to go, but I would get my line stuck in a tree, hooked on the ground behind me, caught on my shirt or pants, tangled up between some rocks and once it snagged in my hair.
I never attained to the professional level of "casting," actually, not any where close.

The point is some things in life sound and look so easy that we feel, "Hey, that is easy!  I can do that!"



The Bible has what appears to be "simple" life advice until we actually choose to do it.  Over and over again we have been told by pastors, teachers, our friends and all other biblical inspirations, "Don't worry, God is in control."  "Let it go and give it to God." "Trust and obey." 

If Jesus tells us "do not worry," then the implication is He knows we will worry?  You can't stop something unless you started it!  Therefore, His purpose in telling us is possibly to show us when we do worry, we can stop!  He is just reminding us that we do have the choice to stop! 

Now that sounds and looks really easy, right?

Well, if you are like me, you haven't attained to the professional level of "casting."  Our line gets messed up somewhere, and sometimes when we do cast it way out and another "big one" comes along and tugs at our line, we reel back in!  We may continue to become a wiser "caster," so to speak, but most likely we will never do it perfectly!

There is no life without its "worries" and our human hearts beat so imperfectly, that at times we will fret!

In our walk on this journey called life when our line seems to be stuck or tugging us in all directions, it is time to step left.
                                          L eave
                                          E very
                                          F retful
                                          T hought



Step back from the circumstances of our fretting, worrying, being anxious, complaining, we just stop doing that and start doing this, "cast it upon Him".





Just bear in mind on this journey, there will always be bigger fish to fry!  But always remember what we catch can always be released! 







Carmyn Sparks, author of "Transformed by Tragedy," speaks and teaches in various churches and women's organizations in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  Carmyn offers Biblical answers which serve to give insights and practical applications that identify and explain personal and interpersonal struggles in the Christian’s walk with God.  Because of her personal identification with other women’s sexual abuse issues, Carmyn has a viable platform from which to minister Biblical truths to women of various backgrounds and cultures. Visit the author's website at www.yoflife.com



Thank you, Carmyn for your insightful guest blog. Every time I cast out my rod and reel in a small or big lake, I will think and pray about when I need to stop fretting and step to the left!















No comments: