About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Wednesday, December 24, 2014

THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS


                                      THE MAGIC OF CHRISTMAS



                                                   WHEN I WAS A CHILD:

 I remember my grandmother Edith reading us "The Night Before Christmas."

         I loved to string the cranberries and popcorn, then wrap them around the tree.

               Living in Southern California, we made snowflakes out of paper.

                    My grandfather always had "magic walnuts" for us to open.

                            Visiting Santa Claus was always special and magical...and still is.


                                                     NOW AS AN ADULT:

I do not dream of a white Christmas...
              I do dream of a peaceful Christmas.

I do not need to roast chestnuts on an open fire...
              I do pray that every stomach will be full and satisfied.

Bells do not need to ring during a one horse open sleigh...
              I do want to hear bells ring from churches around the world.

Gifts wrapped all fancy with paper and ribbons are not needed...
              Only gifts from the heart to those in need.

I want mistletoe above every door,
               A table spread of plentiful food,
                             Laughter, smiles, hugs, tears of joy,
                                            And the message of Christ's birth celebrated.


                                                      NOW AND FOREVER: 

The miraculous birth of Jesus the Christ is what is to be celebrated each December 25th. This very special birth is the true magic of Christmas.


                                          MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU

2 comments:

Intangible Hearts said...

What a lovely and meaningful post. Thank you for inviting me to visit!

Karen Ingalls said...

Thank you for your kind comment. May the year of 2015 bring you peace, good health, and happiness.