About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Friday, January 1, 2016

FAREWELL 2015, WELCOME 2016

Remembering the highlights of 2015:

                 Monthly lunches with Women for Hospice; raising money for Cornerstone Hospice.

               

Ovarian cancer lunches offering support, education, and fund raising at Teal Magnolia Lunch, Lunch-Bunch, and Waterman Hospital Gynecologic Cancer Support Group.      

               



                         Visits from Minnesota friends & family; laughter, tears, great talks.

                                Weekly golf outings...good exercise and great friends.


 
 Promoting Novy's Son at Barrel of Books & Games, Mt. Dora. A book about a man seeking acceptance and love from his father; however, uses unhealthy behaviors to do so. A rather common problem among men which I discovered while I was seeing clients as a nurse therapist.
               
   

Educating: Pharmacy students of U. of Fl., Am. Cancer Society, Survivorship Seminar, BlogRadio, Articles for Hormones Matter, Oncology Times, etc.

                        Weekly blog providing information, support and inspiration.  

                                       
                        
 Trip of a Lifetime: In France as close to Mona Lisa as I could get; visiting Monet's home and gardens; seeing where my great-grandfather lived, schooled, and his exhibits; the house where my great-great grandfather was born and lived; on to the beautiful city of Barcelona and meeting Theresa Zanatta an ovarian cancer sister and professor; and then crossing the Atlantic on a cruise ship seeing the Rock of Gibraltar at night.


                        I am blessed to be alive 7 years after my diagnosis of ovarian cancer.
    My prayers for 2016 are to be blessed with good health and doing more educating about this too often deadly disease. 

                 I will soon be launching a new website and blog about being an author. It will support authors, favorite books, and views of readers. My second novel will be published in Feb. 2016. More news about this coming soon.

             As always I thank you for following my blog and supporting me. Thank you to my guest bloggers: Caroline Eudy, Dr. Michelle Bengston, Hayley Dubin, Ely Jacobs, Dr. MJ Logan, Karen Carlson, Janice Spina, Robin Maupin, and Elizabeth Scala. The ten countries that most visited my site are U.S.A., Russia, France, Ukraine, Germany, U.K., Canada, Australia, China, and Turkey.

No comments: