About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Friday, January 29, 2016

IF ONLY I....

                       Do you sometimes say to yourself, "If only I...."?


If only I had not worked so much...

   If only I had been a better parent or better child...

      If only I had tried more things (taken risks)...

         If only I had spent more time with loved ones...

            If only I had pursued my dreams...

               If only I had taken better care of myself...

                   If only I had done more to help others...


    As we travel through life how many times have we bypassed opportunities, was not in a kind or generous mood, or abused our health? The more advanced we become in our years these if only's often prey upon our minds.

    So I say to the younger generation:

          Do not be afraid to open doors, at least peek inside or perhaps walk through.

             Look at each moment as an opportunity to do or say something nice or helpful.

                Your body is the only one you will have, so cherish and nurture it. What you do today may
                        well determine your health for tomorrow.

                     People come into your life for a reason, whether family or friend. Learn from them, love
                         them, and let them love and teach you.

                          There are always risks to any decision or action, take the risk and learn from it.


Here are some quotes that can benefit any of us as we travel through life:

  • The hardest thing and the right thing are often the same.
  • We become what we repeatedly do. (Sean Covey)
  • Have enough love to trust love one more time, and always one more time. (Maya Angelou)
  • Life is not about finding yourself. It is about creating yourself. (George B. Shaw)
  • Why not go out on a limb? That is where the fruit is. (Will Rogers)
  • Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. (Paul Boese) 



For those of us that have traveled the path of cancer perhaps are more aware of the "if only's". I write about it in my book Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir, because it was a large part of my learning to accept and live with cancer.

All proceeds go to ovarian/gynecologic cancer research.
www.outshineovariancancer.com

No comments: