About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Saturday, February 27, 2016

NONNIE JULES INTERVIEW

This week I am offering a different type of blog. It is an interview with author, Nonnie Jules who is a successful author and president of the Rave Reviews Book Club (RRBC). She is the author of:





               The Good Mommie's Guide

               Daydream's Daughter, Nightmare's Friend                    

               If Only There Was Music





 Her books cover health/wellness, relationships, and spirituality in direct and indirect ways so I encourage you to read her responses to my questions. Then read her books to learn more about life, love, and relationships.



“100 Things We All Wonder About Nonnie Jules” Blog Tour


It is truly my pleasure and honor to present Rave Reviews Book Club president Nonnie Jules here on my blog today! It’s all yours, Nonnie…
IMG_5375
ULTIMATE PRIZE GIVEAWAY #1:
Anyone who purchases a copy of “THE GOOD MOMMIES’ GUIDE…” “DAYDREAM’S DAUGHTER, NIGHTMARE’S FRIEND” or “IF ONLY THERE WAS MUSIC” and send to me a copy of the purchase receipt to nonniejules@gmail.com, and also leave a comment along the tour, will get their name entered into a drawing for a $50 Amazon gift card!  One entry for each book that is purchased, whether in e-book or paperback format.  Purchases must take place between 2/14/16 – 2/29/16.  If you’ve already purchased all of my books, then feel free to gift a friend, just for the chance to win!!!  Spend a little, and you could win a lot!!!
ULTIMATE PRIZE GIVEAWAY #2:Anyone who reads and posts a review of “THE GOOD MOMMIES’ GUIDE…” “DAYDREAM’S DAUGHTER, NIGHTMARE’S FRIEND” or “IF ONLY THERE WAS MUSIC” and sends the link to their review to nonniejules@gmail.com, will get their name entered into a drawing for a $20 Amazon gift card!  One entry for each book read and reviewed.  Reviews must be posted between 2/16/16 – 3/15/16 to be placed into the drawing.

Q:  What do you consider to be the three most important roles a parent has?
A:  The three most important roles of any parent is to love, teach and let go.

Q:  A marriage to be successful must be a relationship and a partnership.  How do you and your husband work together as parents?  Or, where do you differ?
A:  We are an awesome parenting team.  He is the calm one and I’m not.  He’s the good cop and I’m not.  He teaches with stories from his childhood, and well, I’m the Mom.  Take a look at what my daughters think of me… Need I say more?

Q:  If you were a parent of a seriously ill or terminal child, how do you see your role when interacting with the other siblings?
A:  Seriously ill and terminally ill children need so much attention, and, I can imagine, that being hard on the siblings of that child.  As a parent, I’d ensure that I spent enough time with each of my kids so they’d know that they weren’t forgotten. I Thank God I don’t have this worry.

Q:  How would you complete the following statement:  “Religion/spirituality is or is not an important factor in raising children because…”
A:  Religion is a very important factor in raising children because we all, no matter our ages, need a moral compass to follow.  Most often, it begins at home, and in my home, my children were strictly guided by a set of rules that were not set forth by man.

Q:  What was the most fearful or saddest event you experienced while raising your children?  How did you cope?
A:  I’m going to have to say the saddest event we’ve ever experienced was when my daughters lost their grandmother, my mother-in-law.  We coped by knowing that she was better off and no longer in pain.  That really got us through that time.  And although it’s been about 10 years, we still talk about her a lot…that’s how we keep her alive for them.



CONTACT NONNIE VIA:

TRAILERS:
“THE GOOD MOMMIES’ GUIDE TO RAISING (ALMOST) PERFECT DAUGHTERS,”  https://youtu.be/zg15rptFN2g

“DAYDREAM’S DAUGHTER, NIGHTMARE’S FRIEND,”

“SUGARCOATIN’ IS FOR CANDY & PACIFYIN’ IS FOR KIDS,” https://youtu.be/fQBnt0wix88

“IF ONLY THERE WAS MUSIC,” https://youtu.be/g2gNns8ZVFI

(In honor of full disclosure, I presented this full Q&A to Karen.  These are her questions and my answers).


CONTACT NONNIE VIA:
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/nonniejules
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/BooksByNonnie
Blogs:  www.nonniewrites.wordpress.com , www.BooksByNonnie.wordpress.com & www.AskTheGoodMommy.wordpress.com
IMG_0991
DDNF1
NJ Cover Design-1
1If Only There Was Music book cover

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

A wonderful message from Nonnie about life, family, and spirituality.

Karen Ingalls said...

Thank you for your support and comment.

Nonnie Jules said...

Thanks so much for the host, Karen!

Karen Ingalls said...

It was my honor and pleasure, Nonnie. Wishing you continued success.

Robin Gregory said...

Well done, Karen! I love your questions. I agree with you, Nonnie, religion (spirituality) is key to giving our kids a good purchase on life. Making the connection to God doesn't come naturally, and kids need help learning to make the conscious effort.

Karen Ingalls said...

Your comments are well appreciated, Robin. Spirituality or religion is the foundation to everything else.

Gwen Plano said...

Thank you for hosting, Karen. You had a wonderful selection of questions...and equally wonderful responses.

And Nonnie, I agree with you that religion (spirituality) offers children a moral compass with which to find their way. Thank you for sharing about matters of the heart.

Karen Ingalls said...

Gwen, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Linda Mims said...

Great Interview, Karen! Thanks for your candor, Nonnie!

Karen Ingalls said...

Linda, thanks for your comment.

Natalie Ducey said...

I'm glad I made it! Always from the heart...thank you, Nonnie.

You're a lovely host, Karen! Really enjoyed this interview. :)

Karen Ingalls said...

Natalie,
We are glad you made it too. Glad you enjoyed the interview.

Shirley Harris Slaughter said...

Just another day in the life of Ms. Nonnie Jules, president. It's so nice getting to know you more. It has been a learning experience so far in this month long tour and I look forward to each stop just to see what you are going to say next.

Good job!

Kim Cox said...

Enjoyed the interview, Nonnie & Karen. So nice getting to know more about Nonnie Jules as a person and mother. The other side of thefd president of a fantastic book club and an author.

Joy Lo-Bamijoko said...

To have a close nit family today is a blessing. Nonnie you are blessed not only with the family you have, but also in your work. It has been quite an experience touring with you, and knowing you better. Thank you for sharing so much about yourself. Thank you Karen for hosting her.

Karen Ingalls said...

Shirley, Kim, and Joy,
All three of you express what so many of us feel...it has been a joy and blessing in getting to know Nonnie. She is a gifted writer, leader, mother and wife.
It has been my honor to interview her and host this blog tour.

Jan Hawke said...

Wonderful last day of your tour Nonnie - now go get one of those green veggie smoothies and go for a run or whatever floats your relaxing boat! ;-)

Thanks for having us over today Karen :-D

Karen Ingalls said...

Hosting the blog tour has been a wonderful experience. Getting to know Nonnie from all these blog tour stops has been enlightening.

Darianne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherilyn said...

Nonnie, as you know, I can so relate to this! :-) I hope in 10 years we are still talking about my mother-in-law lots too. She was a wonderful woman. Thank you for hosting Karen!

Karen Ingalls said...

It is important to remember those who were positive and loving influences in our lives. Though they have departed from the earth, they still live in our hearts.
Thank you for sharing Sherilyn.

Lizzie Chantree said...

Another great blog post from this tour. Thanks for hosting Karen.

Karen Ingalls said...

The blog tour has been a wonderful way to get to know Nonnie. Unfortunately I did not get to all the blogs, but I did enjoy doing the interview. Wishing you a good day, Lizzie.