About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Friday, March 18, 2016

WHO PACKS YOUR PARACHUTE?



     I have never parachuted from a plane...nor do I want to. Sky jumping or diving is not on my bucket list. However, there is a deep message from the question,

                "Who packs your parachute?"


     Did you know that there is an exact and precise way to store the parachute? One step done incorrectly could mean the parachute will not open or will do incorrectly. This is a life or death matter.

     So who or what brings a sense of safety or peace into your life? Who or what protects you? Who or what do you rely on?

     There was a time in my life when I was a teenager, I relied on my dad for safety and protection. Though I did not live with him I knew he was only a phone call away.
And, one day at 17 years old I made the phone call and he got a traffic ticket when speeding to get to me.

     During my junior year of high school while living with my dad, two people began to pack my parachute. One was a classmate named Judie, who introduced me to God by inviting me to the youth group at her church. She was always with me talking about God and listening to my fears. I chose to be baptized one year later.

     The second person was Arleigh Castle, a neighbor and my role model. I adopted her as my "aunt" which she still is today at the age of 92. She listened to me and carefully advised me helping me to pack my parachute correctly.


     God has never left my side nor have I left His. I completely put my trust in Him as He guides who I choose to be a part of my life. Whose advice will I listen to? Who can I confide in? Who do I trust? If I keep God as the Master Packer of my parachute, then those helping Him will guarantee that my parachute will open and I will land on earth safely.


Here is a true story that you might have heard or read before. But it is a powerful one and well worth hearing/reading again.
                             
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqtUlMA3Jqo
                                                                     http://speaker.charlieplumb.com/about-plumb/parachute-story/

Just as in my journey with cancer, I have trusted Dr. Matthew Boente and Dr. Robert Holloway to "pack my parachute" with the best medical care. Their nurses and staff have been phenomenal.

My newer journey as an author has been guided by some very remarkable people: Amy Quale, Dara Beevas, Jay Monroe, Ruth Fisher, and those at Beaver's Pond Press. All of them have put encouragement, support, and help in my parachute. I have landed on both feet safely with the publication of three books. See my new author website: www.kareningallsbooks.com  All books are available on www.amazon.com


.

No comments: