About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

THE SIZE OF A FRUIT FLY

              In the daily, weekly, or longer challenges of life...
                                are they as big as a fruit fly?

Do you fret and get angry over any of these events?
              **A slow driver
              **Someone who budges in front of you in traffic
              **A long line at the store
              **Television commercials
              **Computers answering your phone calls
              **Or any other myriad of daily events that frustrate you.

Do you clench your jaw, tighten your hands, raise your voice, increase your blood pressure?

Well, my husband and I have had an epiphany and we laugh and say, "Is this as big as a fruit fly?"

A few weeks ago we had a lot of fruit flies due to fruit left out of the refrigerator. They were a nuisance, but not as much of a problem as when Hurricane Matthew was threatening our home, when my husband had three surgeries in a two month time, when I was rediagnosed with ovarian cancer, when unexpected medical bills came due, or other more important issues than fruit flies! We did eliminate the fruit flies and now keep our fruit in the refrigerator.
We survived Matthew, my husband is recovering well, I am being treated with chemotherapy, and the bills are getting paid!



I want to introduce you to a remarkable woman who has not let the "fruit flies" of her life rule her. She has faced some unbelievable challenges with strength and faith. Her name is Gwen Plano, an author extraordinaire. 



I encourage and invite you to read her book, Letting Go Into Perfect Love. 
Visit Gwen at her web site: http://www.gwenplano.com/


        Life is not about the small things, like fruit flies!

3 comments:

B. Weeks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
B. Weeks said...

Thank you for this incredible reminder, Karen. Life is all about perspective. God bless you.

Karen Ingalls said...

Thank you, Beem. It is so easy to let the "fruit flies" of life rule us.