About Me

My photo
My journey as a writer began as a child. I wrote poems and short stories which were my way of dealing with various life changing events. I am a member of Rave Reviews Book Club. Follow me on Twitter @KIngallsAuthor www.facebook.com/KarenIngalls, and you can find my books at www.amazon.com. My first book is Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir which received two awards. All proceeds are donated to gynecologic cancer research. My second book is a novel Novy's Son, about one man's attempt to find love and acceptance from his father. This is an all too common problem in our society. My third book, Davida: Model and Mistress of Augustus Saint-Gaudens is about the love affair between this great American sculptor and his model. ALL ORIGINAL CONTENT COPYRIGHT 2011 THROUGH 2017.

Friday, September 8, 2017

HURRICANE IRMA


Due to the threat of Hurricane Irma, I will not be doing a post for a week or so. We have our home prepared for the storm, but will be leaving tomorrow morning and will be staying with friends who live a little farther north. We are stocked up with non-perishable food and water. Once we have returned to our home and electricity is available, I will return with more blogs.

What can we learn from natural disasters?

   How strong are you?
             If you lost your home and most of your possessions, would you be able to rebuild?
             Will you be able to help your neighbors?
             
   What possessions would you take if you had only minutes to get them?

   How prepared are you to help with physical injuries?
             Do you know CPR?
             Do you have bandages, alcohol wipes, antibiotic creams, etc.?
             Do you know how to apply splints, prevent swelling, know stroke or heart attack symptoms?

   What are your important papers?
             Do you have a living will?
             Do you have a will?
             Are you personally insured?
             Are your home and personal possessions insured?

There are many storms that can come our way. Hurricane Irma is just one. I have survived the storms of ovarian cancer, sexual and physical abuse, divorce, and untimely deaths. My faith in God, trusting my instincts, help from friends and family, and my own sense of strength has seen me through many trials.

My prayers are for the people and families of Florida.

September is National Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month. I have an e-book copy of my book, Outshine: An Ovarian Cancer Memoir available for 0.99 in the UK and USA on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Outshine-Ovarian-Cancer-Karen-Ingalls-ebook/dp/B00KI1HGZI/ref=sr
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outshine-Ovarian-Cancer-Karen-Ingalls-ebook/dp/B00KI1HGZI/ref=sr_

1 comment:

Jessical Alba said...

ALL THANKS TO DR WILLIAMS WITH HIS HERBAL PORTION I WAS COMPLETELY CURED FROM BREAST CANCER.
I'm here again to appreciate. DR WILLIAMS God will always continue to bless you more abundantly, for the good works you done in my life, I will always keep on writing good and posting my testimonies about you on the Internet, I’m Jessica from Orlando, Florida. I was tested breast cancer positive, I saw a blog on how DR WILLIAMS cured people with his herbal portion, i did not believe in natural medicine but i just decided to give him a try, I contacted him,and explain my situation to him,few day later he sent me the herb, after taking doc Williams herbal medicine for few week i also got my healing with his herbal portion, i am so happy. If you have any type of cancer problem ,you can contact him on Drwilliams098675@gmail.com for advice and for his product,i hope this testimony also help some one out there .